A temporary anchorage device (TAD) is a device that is temporarily fixed to bone for the purpose of enhancing orthodontic anchorage. A fast, effective means to treat a full range of orthodontic cases without compensating for the inadvertent reciprocal movement of adjacent teeth. The device is subsequently removed after use. By using temporary anchorage devices for orthodontic purposes we are able to obtain zero anchorage loss.
The patient friendly temporary orthodontic anchorage system
tomas® (temporary orthodontic micro anchorage system) is a new concept for temporary skeletal anchorage in orthodontic treatment, e.g. for active tooth movement or passive stabilization.
Its special design, as well as the complete product range and our comprehensive service make tomas® the premium modern system. tomas® is the first complete product range using sterile miniscrews.
Advantages of the tomas® concept at a glance:
- enables simpler, more effective orthodontic treatment*
- can replace headgear treatment*
- designed to conserve teeth, avoiding extractions
- only partial banding required*
- optimized use of time and materials
- well tolerated by the patient
- pin not visible during treatment
* Depending on the initial situation and type of treatment